For several species and applications, Dr. van Haeringen Laboratorium (VHL) have developed Combination Packages. VHL continues the policy to combine multiple DNA tests into single packages. This enables and increases the possibilities to generate information about genetic parameters in a cost effective way. In 2013 new sets of application-specific Combination Packages have been designed.
All genetic diseases and characteristics are stored in the DNA. VHL applies advanced DNA technology, thus enabling Combination Packages of DNA tests at a very attractive price. When performing two or more tests on the same sample, a Combination Package may be less expensive than the combined price of individual tests.
In the beginning of 2013, VHL and Holbigenetics NV have initiated a collaboration regarding the Combination Packages. Together with Dr. Frank Coopman (specialist veterinary genetics) CombiBreed® Combination Packages have been developed. CombiBreed® packages have been developed for dogs, cats, horses and pigs. CombiBreed® tests aim to offer a cost effective breed-specific set of markers and aim to improve the sustainable breeding and general health of animals. The majority of tests included are based on non-patented markers, because patented DNA markers are usually much more expensive to order.
CombiBreed® for dogs
The following CombiBreed® Combination packages are available to order. These tests are aimed at combination of breed specific combinations.
• CombiBreed FCI Group 01 (test code H474)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 02 (test code H475)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 03 (test code H476)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 04 (test code H477)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 05 (test code H478)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 06 (test code H479)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 07 (test code H480)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 08 (test code H481)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 09 (test code H482)
• CombiBreed FCI Group 10 (test code H483)
• CombiBreed Golden Retriever (test code H924)
• Combination Pack Coat Colour (test code H469)
Below is an overview provided of the other CombiBreed® Packages:
• CombiBreed Coat Colour (test code K866)
• CombiBreed Genetic Diseases (test code K865)
• CombiBreed Hair Lenght (test code K460)
• CombiBreed Pack HERDA, GBED, HYPP, OLWS (test code P933)
• CombiBreed Coat Colour (test code P404)
• CombiBreed SCID, CA, LFS and DNA profile (test code P858)
• CombiBreed Quality (test code V844)
• CombiBreed All Markers (test code V402)
• CombiBreed Value (test code V845)
• CombiBreed Health (test code V843)